Recipes

Friday, October 28, 2011

Potty training... Yikes!

We're starting potty training this weekend with B.  He is almost 29 months old, and is finally starting to show the signs of telling us when he needs to use the bathroom.  We've sat him down on his little potty a few times, before bathtime, and he LOVES it.  He's even gone #1 and #2 a few times on there, too.

I'm kind of really nervous.  I know it's going to be challenging, and my patience isn't really that high right now (shocking with two kids 2 and under, right?).  I know to expect lots of accidents, and I know the first few days there are going to be A LOT of those, so I hope I'm mentally preparing myself.  Always prepare for the worst, right?  

Here is where I'm starting with this whole new step in my 2 year olds life:

  • Every 15 minutes on the potty, no matter what
  • Give a reward for going #1 and #2 on the potty
  • Be a cheerleader to him when he does go
  • Ready Potty themed books (guess I need to hit up the library!)
  • Be consistent (I feel like this will be the hardest thing for us; we get lazy!)
I've got to say, part of me is excited for this journey, though.  Why?  The undies.  The tiny tightie undies that look like little men underwear, with the band at the top that says "gap" or with the adorable little Mickey Mouse characters on them.  I just hope he doesn't poop in them and stain them up! ;) Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment